Monday, January 25, 2016

Protested "Netizen" about Freeport, Butet Kartaredjasa Give Explanation




Artists and writers Butet role Kartaredjasa (54) to answer a number of netizens protest against him in a social media-related statements on PT Freeport Indonesia in a video uploaded to YouTube by the company.

According to Butet, in December 2015, he and his partner, writer Agus Noor, artists and musicians at the same time the role of the younger brother who also Butet, djaduk ferianto, being visited Timika, Papua.

At that time, Butet was the invitation of PT Freeport in Timika well as seeking local musicians for whom they perform together in jazz performance in 2016 in the area of ​​Mount Bromo, East Java.

"We (Butet and Djaduk) last December (2015) together Agus Noor. We've got the other program, Jazz Mountains. Djaduk the desire of collaboration at the Papuans. I went to Timika to fulfill the invitation while looking for local artists for collaborations in August tomorrow (2016), "said Butet when interviewed by telephone by Kompas.com, Sunday (24/01/2016).

"Travel in Timika usual, invited to the mining of the above. There I met a geologist-geologist of us who work there. The excavated it is not a mountain fertile. At an altitude of 4,000 meters it turns out baseball is a plant that grows, only shrubs and grass , "Gomez said.

"People Freeport explain, one ton of sand dredged produce one gram of gold. Then, the rest go? I asked that. Later taken to Timika, (there) sands are not fertile so productive," he continued.

"After that, we were taken to the land, and it makes me gumun (amazed). Waste land that had been treated were laid in the basin, 230 hectares. Through a technology, land which was originally sand and no nutrients can be trees. We The three also asked to plant trees there, "Gomez again.

According to Butet, after got the experience, he expressed his admiration in a video made by PT Freeport Indonesia and uploaded to YouTube by the company.

"That's when I asked for opinions. So, it was stripped of its context. That spontaneity me just because of gumun. It was natural because the mining model for the processing of earlier technology. It is a kind of expression of gumun it. When he stands alone, so different," he said.

Because of his statements in the video, Butet protested by some netizens on social media Facebook as judged supporting PT Freeport Indonesia.

"I blasphemed, he said I paid. Yes, enggaklah. Yes, but, if condemned, so the risk was indeed dynamics. Well, what I do and I believe is wrong. In the context right, so be it," he said.

According to Butet Similarly, PT Freeport Indonesia, which saw the response then decided to remove the video from YouTube.

"So, now at Freeport uploaded on YouTube withdrawn. Actually I did not protest at Freeport. But, it is because they are embarrassed. 'Kok, a result like this, Mas'," he said.

BUTET feel that the incident could be a lesson for him.

"I have no problem baseball, baseball I want to be a coward. If you must argue, yes contends. However, this is a learning process for me. I have to carefully choose the right word," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment